Sri M. P. Pandit served as the personal secretary to the Mother at the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, and the Mother became the entire focus of his life. He studied the classical scriptures and living spiritual traditions of India, following in the footsteps of Sri Aurobindo and Sri T.V. Kapaly Sastry. His writing career spanned six decades, publishing over 150 books and many articles on subjects as diverse as philosophy, spirituality, social and political thought, science, religion, mysticism and the classical texts themselves. At the same time he became a commentator on the teachings whose powerful insights went right to depths and essence of the meaning. These 5 volumes of his `Selected Works' are titled:
- Sri Aurobindo: M.P.Pandit introduces Sri Aurobindo's teaching and yoga including his detailed commentary on the life divine.
- The Mother: Panditji's writings on The Mother, her spiritual mission and teaching are collected here. A fascinating, insightful and enormously practical book for anyone desiring to practice yoga in life.
- Yoga: Panditji has written extensively on the practice of yoga. This collection of his writings on the subject include introductory insights as well as extensive systematic explications on the various methods of yoga.
- Traditions: This volume collects in one place Sri Pandit's writings on the Veda, Upanishad, Gita, Tantra and the spiritual culture of India.
- General: Yoga is not divorced from the destiny and life of the world. Issues of world unity, peace, and the evolution of life and society are covered in this volume.