The Wusthof Culinar soft cheese knife is the perfect knife for cutting soft sticky cheeses like Camembert, Brie, Dolcelatte or Bleu d'Auvergne. The gently curved ergonomic handles on the Wusthof Culinar knives have been designed to enhance the balance of the knife.
Wusthof Trident knives are precision forged and manufactured using the latest laser and robot technologies to produce an excellent range of professional quality kitchen knives. They are perfectly balanced, with a full tang, an ergonomic handle and a durable, easily sharpened , corossion resistant blade.
The excellent quality of Wusthof Trident knives is the result of an exhaustive manufacturing process which includes over 40 separate and demanding steps - the style is easy to copy but the quality is not.
In production since 1814 Wusthof Trident knives are used by many professional chefs around he world and have won numerous awards.
- Wusthof Trident knives are precision forged from a single billet of high carbon no-stain steel - X50CrMo15 - produced to their own specification.
- The unique manufacturing process - over 40 steps in all - produces knives with maximum strength, safety and balance. Wusthof knives are very sharp, easy to re-sharpen and have excellent edge retention.
- Wusthof knives are tempered to 56 Rockwell.
- All Wusthof knives have laser controlled and tested cutting edges - to give perfectly shaped and perfectly aligned edges.
- Wusthof knives have a full tang for perfect balance.
- Wusthof knives have solid, curved bolster for comfort and safety - it stops your hand riding up the blade.
- The handles on Wusthof Culinar knives are gently curved and made from brushed stainless steel which has been finnished to a very high standard. The shape of the handle is ergonomic and has been designed in consultation with professional chefs for maximum comfort. Finished to a high standard the handles are seam free and pore free - and therefore hygienic.
- Like all professional quality knives - the Wusthof Classic range includes a large selection - each knife designed for a particular purpose. There is no such thing as a general purpose knife - it is always easier and safer to use a knife that has been designed for the job in hand.
- ADVICE - we recommend that all knives are washed individually and immediately after use - ideally in luke warm water with a soft sponge. Knives should then be dried and stored. This is the safest way to clean knives - no rubbing required, and it is the best way of reducing corrosion. Stainless steel - from any manufacturer - is never 100% rustproof and may be attacked by food acids -such small blemishes can be removed with a metal cleaner.
- ADVICE - we recommend that you sharpen your knives regularly - preferably every time that you use them. They will perform better and will be safer to use. A sharp knife is a safe knife - accidents happen most often with dull knives.
- ADVICE - knives should never be stored loose in a drawer - it's unsafe and it will dull the edges. Knife blocks an magnetic racks both keep knives safe and protect their edges.
- ADVICE - never chop onto steel, glass or marble - these surfaces are too hard and will quickly bull your knives. Wooden or plastic boards are more suitable.
- ADVICE - never abuse a knives - they are not can opener and should never be used to chop onto bones - only a meat cleaver is suitable for this job.