ORIGINAL LAGUIOLE EN AUBRAC KNIFE MADE IN FRANCE WITH PERSONAL ENGRAVING AND CERTIFICATE - GENUINE HANDMADE - EACH KNIFE IS UNIQUE
Only the traditional manual work constitutes the real value of this legendary folding knife. The first knife of this kind was created 1829 in Laguiole, a small village in the southwest of France. The bee, which decorates the high-quality plates, is from this day on the most distinguished symbol of the most famous knife from France. Each genuine original Laguiole is an unique piece. For the manufaction 109 production steps for a one-piece knife are necessary, 166 for a two-piece knife and 216 steps for a three-part knife. This complex process differentiates these knives manufactured with true fate relating to crafts in affectionate manual work strongly from the ones which are machine manufactured.
The main characteristics for genuine manual work of the tradition forge LAGUIOLE EN AUBRAC:
- Each knife is individually ice-hardened by hand.
- Each forming and fitting takes place by hand.
- Each knife from beginning to its completion is manufactured from only one knife-manufacturer, who stamps his personal hand engraving (see illustration below) on the back of the blade.
- In accordance with the old tradition the core of the handle, the spring, including the prestigious bee is forged from only one piece of steel.
- The cross of the shepherd on the plate may never be missing.
- All used materials are high-quality and completely natural origin.
- All of this confirms the enclosed authenticity certificate to each Laguiole en Aubrac.
You will acquire here a Laguiole en Aubrac, which has very decorative serpentine plates made of handpicked ebony. The extraordinary elegance of this handle is topped by fittings on both sides in the form of the St. Jacobs shell. An incredibly fascinating Laguiole, which will inspire you. The blade is made of the best high-quality steel, stainless and ice-hardened by hand.
Weight: 84 g.
Length of the handle: 11.5 cm.
Length of the blade: 9.5 cm.